How much coverage will the UHC pay for per year?

Ok, I have a friend that works for Anthem she recieved alot of info since she works for them. If I understand correctly gov't health care will pay around $4k per year per person, at that it caps out. How in the hell is this considered insurance? Again, I would wipe my butt on it. Also, those with insurance will face a penalty if they have non gov't insurance. Am I the only one that has been told this by someone that actually knows?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 12:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Keep in mind that your friend at Anthem has a vested interest in things staying the way they are. It's kind of like asking an atheist to tell you the benefits of old time religion.

No plan is set in stone yet. There are multiple bills floating around the Congress. As they always do, they'll battle it out to come up with ONE plan out of the many elements there for the choosing.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• There are people coming over to the USA for our medical coverage, who in their native country ( England for one ) have the national coverage that so many here are raving for. There was this one really sad story about a young child who was diagnosed with a rare cancer and the government insurance covered the first round till she was declared to be cancer free; but when it came back sent her home with pain meds to die. Apparently, they were only covered for the one time for that illness. Sounds like a dream come true doesn't it..
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 12:44 AM on Sep. 10, 2009