She can't sit up, she has no teeth, she can't crawl or creep so can you please explain

why my 7 month old daughter can say Hi dada, hi kitty, yellow, red, and ircle (her word for circle)?

Things seem backwards... she can't even hold up her own bottle...

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 12:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They're all different Hon. If you're concerned, talk to her Dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Every child hit milestone differently. Obviously your DD will hit verbal milestones before physical ones. My DS (5) can count to 200 but can't say a sentence with more than 5 words. My DD had no teeth until she was over a year but could walk at 9 mos.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 12:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i would talk to her dr about it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• are you doing tons of tummy time with her? are you holding her alot? even if she cries, don't just up and pick her up. crying is OK, it won't hurt her. what does the doctor say about it? as for the teeth, don't worry about that, they'll come when they want. does she scoot on her butt? my dd wasn't crawling, and was very rarely rolling at 7 months. the doctor kept putting it off, saying wait till next checkup, we'll do something then, and said this her WHOLE year. (she wasn't putting weight on her legs at all, she still refuses to stand) I finally got fed up and asked for a referal at her 12 month checkup, and sure enough, her muscles aren't developing properly and she now needs a physical therapist. check with her doctor, and if you don't like the answer, get a second opinion.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You need to contact your states department of developement and find out about early intervention services. If in california its regional center. Your ped should know (don't let him tell you that she is fine, most are only worried about health not devalopement, I saw that a lot when I was an early intervention specilist for infants). Its sounds like she needs some physical therapy. And even if they dont think she needs it they will give some exercises to do with her to help her begin to do these things. Fantastic lanuage skills though :)
    mandarellee

Answer by mandarellee at 2:44 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You need to talk to a dr about this,.
    There are some signs of autisumSP?? if a child doesnt do certain things by a certain age.
    Not to freak you out but better safe then sorry right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My DD didn't crawl until two weeks before her first birthday. She didn't sit up until she was 8 mos old. She WAS rolling over like a pro since she was 6 mos.

I would be worried about not holding her own bottle. Is she not capable, or do you always do it for her and she is not willing?
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• so she is mentally ahead of the game but not physically? Physically she sounds "normal". Teeth is not anything to be concerned. Is she sitting up on her own yet? That will happen before crawling. My son started to sit up on his own around 6 months. We bought a BUMPO and he learned quickly after that. I highly recommend them. I think it helps to strenghthen their back muscles. Also do you do tummy time?

IMHO I would not worry yet. It is not autism....too soon to diagnosis IMO.

Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• if she is having some troubles with her motor skills she might have some low muscle tone, I would talk to the doctor about it if you are worried.
    But other than not sitting up on her own... none of the other things seem like a big deal... many children don't creep or crawl until they are much older, and holding her own bottle isn't sometimes she needs to do... some kids just don't want to hold it.
    Teeth come in on their own time... not a milestone at all... some get theirs at 3 months other at over a year... you just never know! My son got his first at 7 months.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• my 10 month old didn't sit up til he was 6 months, didn't get his first tooth until 8 months and didn't crawl until he was 9.5 months. And he STILL can't hold his bottle. I think your little one is just ahead verbally/mentally and will catch up with the physical stuff. I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially about Autism. You'll drive yourself crazy! She sounds happy and VERY smart :)
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2009