Monkey boy...

My son is almost 2 and is a very proficient climber. Its cute at the playground- but very scary at home. Today he climbed onto our kitchen counter, ontop of our tv media cabinet and on to the shelf that is 3 feet off of the ground in his closet (a shoe shelf). Trying to put him into his crib for a time out is pointless... he just climbs out. Any suggestions of what to do?

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 12:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• theres not much u can do, my son is the same way. all u can do is try to redirect him, that hasnt worked for me, but u never know and just make sure there are no chairs near him, thats how my little guy gets on things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Can you get a crib tent?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• baby proof like crazy. My lil girl has been our mountain goat since she learned how to walk because she climbs everything and eats anything (books mostly) Teach him how dangerious it can be
    LilMzMa

Answer by LilMzMa at 12:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• we are transitioning to a big boy bed, and the crib will be coming down in the next month or so... I don't want to spend the money on something that I don't agree with (I think it is somewhat of a safety hazard). We wouldn't be able to use it very long, anyway.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2009