Lame-O's

I am 15 weeks into my second pregnancy. As with my first all of my 'friends' are missing in action. I try to call them, try to arrange dinners, etc. All they want to do is go to the bars. NOt too much fun for me. I understand that none of them have children- but we are 26+ years old. My 1st son is almost 2 and most people have only seen him a few times (we all live very near to each other). Should I give up on these people, or try to give them another chance...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I can kind of relate to your situation- most of my friends don't have kids and are hard to get together with as well. (Then again, I'm not awesome at that either).
    My advice is to keep the old fires burning- they'll be back at your doorstep before long. In the meantime, make some new friends. Easier said than done? Uh, yeah. But check out mom's groups or people you already know who have kids, who you might be able to connect with now like you couldn't before.
    Kinda sucks getting left out of the ol' loop- but remember how wonderful and fulfilling your life with children is :) Good luck with this.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• im only 18 and my true friends still stic around, we go out for lunch and hang out at each others houses and talk...none of them have babies or are expecting and they are all 18-22 so they also do their fair share of partying but they know im just not involved in that part.

maybe finding friends more like yourself would help, other moms?
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Your old friends just don't understand your world now and you kinda aren't a part of theirs anymore. So, keep in touch and by all means, keep inviting them over and try to get them involved with your life, but don't make them your sole friends anymore. There are plenty of moms groups you can hook up with on the internet and meet in real life, right in your area. I know it's scary meeting new people, but you'd be surprised how quickly you can make new mommy friends.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i undertsand that. our friends want to go out, but we have to be homw to put the toddler to bed. most of our friends have ben really great w her, but some were..... not. it shows you who your real friends are and who will be there when you need them.

dh's best friend even drove 4 hours to be there when our daughter was born. he is the godfather
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• it's so hard to keep up with friends with a toddler. i know how you are feeling. i hardly ever see any of my friends :( i feel so inflexible because i don't want to risk messing up his nap, lest he turn into a monster, and i have to be home by 7. lol. i don't really think it's your friends fault, just your schedules don't coincide very well any more. sorry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2009