Why did the conversation turn a hundred degrees nastier tonight?

I'm used to heated rhetoric here, but tonight it's gotten *so* much worse than usual. A lot of tonight's posts can't even be considered intelligent debate.

What's up here?

Have nerves been struck? Is there an epidemic of PMS? Is it the phase of the moon?

I know "civil discourse" is rarely civil, but at this moment a lot of it isn't even adult. There are a couple of exceptions out therem but what happened to everyone else?

Asked by gdiamante at 12:52 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They're called Trolls..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• IDK- but it seems to me things get nasty on here on a daily basis (that's why I haven't visited in a couple months)!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• please give an example so we can relate to you?
    Anonymous

• i am with sfwilson. i used to LOVE CM but it got to be so dang stupid! i cant believe the way people act...whether it be people i agree with on a subject, or someone i dont! i have started coming back to check now and then, but when i do, im only reminded of why i love facebook so much more now..
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• well attacks in the whitehouse and GOP Republiacans have foreshadowed this! not a surpise the country is devided!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You are right, I have to turn away from my monitor tonight. Usually some of the things annoy me, but people are being downright mean and stupid..Immature too.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Obama's speeches X2. First the kids and now on the UHC. Some ppl are just over.the.top and so close-minded that they can see or appreciate no opinion other than their own. Many times I have wondered how some of these woman function in our society on a daily basis. Life is full of ups and downs and rarely are all our individual needs and desires fully met. I also think many ppl here post crap that they would never say in person, cowards!

Lastly, there are the posters that are rude, inflammatory and plain nasty 100% of the time. I refuse to pander to or entertain those fools- not worth my time, intellect or energy.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Uh oh, did you forget your big girl panties?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• "please give an example so we can relate to you? "

There was the thread where a poster asked if people would wipe their butts with the health care plan.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• "Uh oh, did you forget your big girl panties? "

No. I'm just wondering where people put their brains tonight? I don't mind arguments and heated rhetoric. But when someone's only response is as childish as "he's shit" then we've crossed the line from discussion to yelling.

We don't need terrorists to destroy this country. They're sitting back and letting us do it to ourselves.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2009