Please Tell Me I'm Not The Only One...

that is totally lost on the whole TRUTH about the proposed health care bill? I don't mean this in a propaganda type way. But it has gotten to the point where I don't trust either side on this, and what it really says. I attempted to read it, but good grief, it made my head hurt and didn't answer any questions. I'm not stupid, but is this whole thing over anyone elses head? :)

ivelostmyself

Asked by ivelostmyself at 12:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• go to JaySekulowLive.com to see the truth on this corruption in the whitehouse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• anon, i will check the link that you provided. and i will say, i am a republican and i am not fond of our current president. BUT i am at the point where i DETEST politics altogether. no, i dont really trust this administration..but i dont really trust opponents either. it is nothing but propaganda on both sides. i just want to know what this thing really means, what it really says and be done with it. thats why im so stinking frustrated
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 1:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I hear ya honey. I've basically given up on trying to find out the real truth about it. I hate politics in general, too.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• lol..."the truth on this corruption"...so it wont be biased at all!
    I am having a hard time keeping up also but I DO know that while the bill isnt perfected yet, it is far from a conspiracy to have the government in charge of your health, which happens to be an argument against it.
    People feel that with the "public option" (cheaper but government run health coverage) more people will choose it, pushing private insurance companies out of business and leaving our health choices up to the government. And then, because Obama is big bad ass terrorist, he will pull the plug on all the old people and deny every one else coverage and use his control to further his intention of genocide and taking over the world!
    lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yeah, I don't really get it either. It's a point of apathy for me. :(
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 1:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• do not give up no matter what side you are on ladies....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:39 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I just don't believe it won't increase the deficit and cost everybody more whether you are insured or not.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 1:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I believe that each side likes to keep you confused. Method of control, maybe?
    Nicole1985

Answer by Nicole1985 at 3:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Beware of a dot.com site like the PP mentioned. People can post what they want with what spin they want, with no fact checker or reliable source to back their OPINIONS.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• This may help: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111499109

The above link provides an analysis of various proposals before Congress based on YOUR particular scenario, whether you are happy with your coverage, want better coverage, have no coverage or WANT no coverage.

And if you want the scoop on the many claims floating out there, check this out: http://www.factcheck.org/

Answer by gdiamante at 3:37 AM on Sep. 10, 2009