What is your favorite outdoor thing to do with your kids?

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 12:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Rollerblade, shoot hoops and fishing, with my 8 year old son. I think they are so much more fun when they are older.
    With my 2 year old daughter going to the park and meeting some friends who have kids her age to play with.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• We live in Hawaii, so that would be going to the beach. Not a lot else to do besides hike, and there's only a few of those that are fun to do with a 2 year old!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 1:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• We play "street ball", where there are very little rules, and you can actually tickle a person to take the ball away. Half the time I am laughing so much I can't even play.

When they were smaller I would take them to the park, in old clothes, along with some finger paints, and let them paint rocks, leaves, and themselves. That was lots of fun. We also create things out of boxes. One summer we made a maze, with a McDonalds drive thru, and a planetarium. We just went to Home Depot and got as many X-Large boxes as they were willing to give us (from refrigerators, washers, and dryers), got some duct tape, and paint, and had a blast. That was an awesome memory, and it didn't cost much.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• NATURE WALKS! We have ten acres, so once a week or more, we get all DEET'ed up, and go through the fields and woods and find flowers, leaves, twigs, bugs, etc and put them in her "nature box" and go back to the house and then look through them and talk about them. We love it1 She loves it because it is fun and she gets some really neat stuff. i like it because it is good exercise, a solid foundation for her to learn to enjoy the outdoors more than video games, and it is educational.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• We love to go camping!
    My 15 year old has told me she is interested in doing letterboxing with me, which is very exciting.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2009