how much harm can it REALLY do?

I am 24 weeks pregnant and my 2 yo DD always kicks or jumps on my belly. I try to explain to her that she cant do that, but she doesnt get it. And I try to keep her from actually getting my belly, but sometimes I cant stop it. So my question is...how much harm can this really do? They arent hard kicks if that makes a difference, but the jumps can take my breath away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I was preg. with my 3 rd baby, my two boys would elbow me, jump on me, fight to get on my lap etc. I actually began to wonder if the poor baby would arrive with bruises. But she was just fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Your baby is surrounded by water, then your uterus, then layers of muscle and skin. If your skin isn't even bruising on the outside, your baby should be just fine. Once you get bigger though, I would maybe at least put a pillow over your belly while you're sitting for a little extra protection from the wee ones.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:32 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Honestly, for your baby to get hurt (and this is what my doctor as well as countless mothers told me when I worried about bumps to my belly), you would probably have to get hit hard enough to end up in the hospital. I fell off my porch (about 6 feet up) when I was pregnant. I broke my wrist, but my daughter was just fine, didn't even seem to notice (well, she kicked me really hard a few times lol, but that was all). The baby is surrounded by the amniotic fluid as well as your uterus, your stomach muscles, etc. I'm sure that you'll be just fine, but if you're still a little worried, ask your doctor or midwife about it at your next checkup so that you can have some professional reassurance. I know that having that helps sometimes.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• im with you .. I have a 18month old and he does the same thing.. I dont think it will hurt the baby maybe ask your doctor next time and I will also.. God bless you
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I heard about a mom who was 30 weeks and she was taking a nap. Her daughter or son I'm not sure jumped right on top of her and she lost the baby. I'm just saying be careful! U never know what ur dd will do! Explain to her she won't have a baby sister anymore if she keeps doing that. You know?
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 4:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• be carefull please i slipped in the bath 2 weeks ago and my baby had stopped growing and i only just nocked the side of my belly , i no its hard to keep other children from bumping into you i have 2 kids who fight to be on my lap but i am in charge here not them so i tell them firmly they must be very carefull not to nock mams tummy and tell them they can always put their hands on my tummy to feel baby move just to change the conversation as i dont want to keep telling them and they have got it in the end lol but please dont let any one or anything jump on yr belly xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My little dog jumps on my belly. I am not worried about it right now as I am only eight weeks along. However as I get further along I won't let her do it. Baby is pretty protected though.
    stassy77

Answer by stassy77 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2009