how long did you nurse for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 26 months. Bridget, the American Academy of Pediatrics says there shouldn't be an upper limit. The World Health Organization says to nurse till at least age two.

And a woman who nurses to age two cuts her breast cancer risk in half. Since I don't have my famly medical history (I'm adopted, closed state), I'll take every advantage I can.

It's not weird unless ou've never done it. SEX is weirder than nursing, really. Think about it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Only 3 months. I was very anemic after my c-section and I just couldn't recover until I stopped nursing. I wanted to nurse for the long haul, but it's okay. My daughter is happy and healthy, so that's all that matters.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm still nursing at 15 months. Not exclusively, obviously, but it's still special mommy-baby time and I can't imagine not nursing her at this age... she's still a baby. Worldwide average is 4.4 years... WHO recommends 2 and as long thereafter as mutually desireable.

bridgetc, you still did great nursing for 3 months! It's tough when you start out with challenges (the c-section) and then add anemia on top of that. You did awesome and you should be proud. I have a feeling that someone will read this and think that no one can recover from anemia while nursing, though, and that's not necessarily true, depending on the cause of the anemia, and even then with suppliments and a really awesome diet it can usually be overcome. You must have had a really hard time with the anemia, though. Even so, you did super awesome and I'm proud of you :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I had to pump exclusively for DD's first six weeks because she was in the NICU and had to have open heart surgery...but once I got her home, I did it until she turned 1...DS was exclusively breasfed from day one and I kept it up until he was 1....so I breastfed for 2 years straight...'cause DD and DS are 17-18 months apart...
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 1:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I nursed the first and second babies 12 months each and the third baby 15 months.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• When you go over 6 months to a year, its not cool IMO. This lady I knew did it for 4 yrs and this other for 2 yrs. When the kid gets teeth and could talk, you need to quit letting them...its just wierd and wrong. Why dont you pump it at that age...they dont need to be sucking on the mommys booby when they are that big.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Ati_13--I meant "I" couldn't recover. I was a zombie (I was also in labor for 23 hours with a fever and vomiting and pushed for almost 3 hours before they decided on the emergency c-section. Then in the hospital they NEVER let me sleep. I could barely eat and she wanted to nurse every 2 hours. I felt like I was dying. I lost a lot of blood during my c-section and then the awful iron pills constipated me. Hopefully, if I have another child, the c-section will go smoother and won't already be exhausted when they do it. Next time, I want to nurse much much longer!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Wow anon... you get the Anon A Hole award tonight! Ignorant GIT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

This is moronic and an exhibit of straight ignorance.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• SORRY....I cant state my opinion? If you dont like what I said then ignore it. Maybe I am still a little upset because I never got that opportunity but I see kids asking their mom to feed them and its just weird.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2009