baby moving?

hello, I was a little stressed over somthing that probably is nothing to worry over. I am 20 weeks pregnant and have felt the baby move 2-5 times a day almost everyday and now this is day 2 i havent felt much if any. I was wondering if mabey im trying to hard to notice it or mabey the baby wakes when i sleep? Any advise would help!
thank so much!

Emo_mommy

Asked by Emo_mommy at 1:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The baby could be moving around in there while you are asleep, However i don't know how lite or how sound you sleep. When i was 20 weeks i would feel my child move around slightly, but nothing to spectacular! A little bit further into the pregnancy i remember brushing my fingers across my belly, or a loud sound making the baby jump, but i'm not quite sure that it was that early on, honestly if you don't feel something within the next day i would deffinately call the doctor, just to be safe, see what he or she has to say about things!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It's probably both, plus you're still early to be feeling regular, strong movements. I was feeling the same thing from about 16-22 weeks, then I started feeling more regular and stronger movements. While you're up and about, you're probably rocking baby and keeping him/her asleep, but when you're asleep, your baby is moving. And yeah, trying really hard to feel them will stress you out! Just sit back and relax mommy! Before you know it you'll probably be missing these days once your baby is using your bladder as a trampoline lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Ditto what Blue said about calling if you don't feel movement soon, but don't stress about it. Try sitting down for a little while, or lying down on your side or something and drink a glass of juice, soda, coffee (don't go overboard on caffeine, but a little bit every now and then won't hurt, our docs and nurses here actually recommend it if you haven't felt much movement in a day or so). Basically, just drink something caffeinated (but obviously not a Red Bull or something lol) or sweet and sit back and just talk to your baby or something for like an hour or two. The combination of sugar/caffeine and you lying down, should have your baby awake and probably at least a little active and soothe your mind.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• if this is your first then it probly will be normal as it takes longer for you to feel movement be patient lol baby will let you no in their own time , i am 15 weeks and 6 days now and my baby just doesnt like sitting still lol but this is my 4th pregnancy but enjoy the movements and good luck to the future xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 6:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I was concerned about this at one point as well. When i turned 18 weeks i started feeling hard kicks but nothing too bad. When i got to week 22 the baby started getting lazy. I mean so lazy. I was so used to my son moving all day long. At times i didnt even think he slept during the day to him moving like twice a day. So, i went to the doctor at 23 weeks and told her that my son had all of the sudden stopped moving like his usual self. She told me that babies to that. They can move because of the fact that there so much room and all of the sudden they get comfortable in mommy and become lazy. At 23 weeks she said it's still pretty early and that babies wont move regularly just quite yet and not to worry. I am now 25 weeks and my son had started moving like crazy again and he makes it known that he is in there. Rolling and kicking like now lol. Dont stress about it. If you want to make the baby move drink OJ. It works great. GL
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Oh... and if you are thinking about it too much your mind will make you think that the baby is not moving when really your baby is just not as strong. I use to do it to myself all the time and when i dont think about it then i feel my baby all day! When i want to make sure hes okay i just go lay down and relax. I usually lay sorta on my back but propped up and like i said drink some COLD orange juice.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2009