Should I get a second opinion?

The pediatrician I chose for my son has great bedside manners, but doesn't keep me well informed. She suspects Pyloric Stenosis, but I'm told that the diagnosis is the trend in pediatrics as of lately. She has also mentioned a reflux issue. I did my research and GERD seems to fit the bill perfectly. When I mention my concerns and describe the things happening at home, she seems to brush it off as "New Mommy" syndrome. I had GERD as an infant and it seems logical that my son would too. But again the doctor only wants to continue testing for PS, which all previous testing has been inconclusive. My mother thinks I should switch to a different pediatrician, but I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of searching for a new one that I'll like..... HELP?

Sassyladybug14

Asked by Sassyladybug14 at 1:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Health

• If your doctor isn't listening to you or addressing your concerns you have about your child then i would deffinately switch to another pediatrician, i know it's tough to switch doctors but in the long run your child is the most important factor, talk to some family friends etc... see if anyone knows a good pediatrcian that they can refer to you tell them the problems your having make sure they don't have those problems with there's . i'm a new mommy too and i'll be damned if they are going to brush off my concerns I pay you to answer my questions now answer them!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• YOU are the parent who is with the child 24/7 and knows them best. If your pedi can't pay attention and see the value of your thoughts on the child's health then it is time for a new doc. Sorry - I know finding a good doc is a pain! But it's worth it to have someone you trust and that will address the issues you as the parent can see in your own children.
    Rik-E

Answer by Rik-E at 5:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• PS is nasty stuff and often runs in first sons. My grandson had it and almost died. Don't play. Either listen or get another dr but if you get a new dr do it now.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2009