Am i wrong in getting so upset? I need advise...

So, I was in the kitchen packing up lunches for tomorrow, its about 8:00pm, and kids should be in bed. I couldn't pack lunches and shower them at the same time. So I asked DH is he could please take them a quick shower and put our 2 and 3 year old's to bed. His response was "Ugh!" so of course I got upset, and asked him "what that was all about", and he comes at me with attitude like if I did something wrong..and says " I don't need to hear it..I'm doing it right!" So I got upset and called him a jerk! I understand he works all day, but so do I...I'm a SAHM and we have had this discussion plenty of times...I'm tired of it..should I just stop asking for help, or deal with his childish attitude every time I ask him for a small favor..

mcdthree

Asked by mcdthree at 2:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I would discuss it before it happens and get him to agree to do things when you need him to do it bc the kids hear his negative response and think he doesn't want to be with them. That's just hurtful. You could even say "Lunches need to be made and showers taken, which one do you want to do?" That gives him a choice instead of a command from Mommy Central

Answer by admckenzie at 9:32 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• NO He needs to help!! My husband and I work long hrs but he helps me not as much but yes he cooks or gets the baby ready for bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• just because he works outside the home does not mean they arent his kids as well..you didnt make them on your own so you sould not have to do it on your own..as in he should help out with his kids..having a job outside the home doesnt exempt anyone from helping out with their children.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• He needs to help. Ignore the childish attitude. Or you could treat him like a child when he acts like one.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:22 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• God Men...
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 2:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Mine kinda does the same thing...Its like Really....you can't even fold the laundry in the dryer? Mine works too and I do part time but I feel like I get no respect for taking care of the baby
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 2:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Lauren 24;
    I feel like..okay..it doesn't matter if I stay home, and he goes to work..my job is way more stressful..I get up at 6:30am Mon-Fri ..make breakfast,drop off the kids 11 and 3 year old at school..come home, make breakfast for 2 year old who stays with DH while I drop off kids at school..clean,wash,make lunch for 2 year old..make sure she eats, put her down for a nap..quickly shower,change, brush hair (don't even have time to blow dry and style) pick up kids from school..come back home, help with homework..usually about 2 hrs..start making dinner, set table..wash dishes..and make lunch for next day....so if I ask for ten mins of his time..HE NEEDS TO FRIGGIN GIVE IT TO ME!!!! LOL!!!...UGH MEN!!! I love him to death but sometimes I just want to punch him in the nose..
    mcdthree

Answer by mcdthree at 2:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2009