Isn't it sad?

Obama delivers his big speech to Congress, and the only noteworthy thing he accomplished was getting yelled at by a congressman. Nobody is talking about anything memorable in his speech, it's all about some random congressman shooting off his mouth (who's this Joe Wilson guy, anyway??). Where is the glowing media coverage on what Obama had to say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Try listening to NPR in the morning if you want substance. I listened to the speech while driving home and felt there was a good assortment of info and analysis.

I'm just starting to watch Nightline right now.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:37 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Completely missed it we had a soccer game ERRRRR I have to catch up in the AM on it when i watch news.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:48 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I don't know about that. All last night it was questions about how we'd pay for it in the real world instead of his fantasy land, if illegals would have loopholes to get coverage (they will), if there will still be ways for insurance to drop people (there are), and how it's not actually free, despite what some very poorly educated people desperately want to believe, so everyone will have to pay thousands and thousands for it, or pay thousands in fines if they can't afford it and don't qualify for medicaid. I'd say there's a lot more being discussed than one guy yelling a rude, yet accurate word.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Nobody is talking about anything memorable in his speech,

That should tell you something right there! Nothing to talk about!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Nobody is talking about anything memorable in his speech
    **
    It was all lies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2009