So can I say BLACK people are rude? I get called a white BITCH but

as a white woman or non-African American/person of "color if I called a black woman a BLACK BITCH there would be a real problem but not the other way around.

I am not racist, came from a racist family though, but chose to accept people for who they are rather than what they are or aren't, as in my EX-family's case....

Some people, mostly black women, it seems just don't like me for whatever reason.
I was getting a water in the store and the aisles were tight, (bodega). A black woman came in, yelled MOVE! to me and then I asked her nicely why she was screaming as she went to the deli. She told me "Cuz you is in the f#cking WAY!" I told her that I hope she has a nice day, then she said she would "see me outside..."
Why so hostile? How can black people call a white person a white bitch (and why when I never bothered them at all?) but if I was to start shi% with them there would be violence towards me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I totally agree with you! I am not racist but since moving to a very colorful part of the country, I am becoming more and more. It's a total double-standard. What if us white folks rallied and and rioted to get a "white history month" do you think that would fly??? Hell no! Now I have respect for the fact that their ancestors were slaves and I don't think it was right...but why in the hell should we have to pay the price for that?! AND...THEY weren't slaves....why do they act like WE own them something???!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I see alot of white women who do this all the time also, I really dont think its a race thing, its more that some women just think they are all that and a bag of chips and have the right to treat others anyway they want.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Are you serious? I don't think this was a black or white thing I think somebody was just having a bad day and you got caught up in it.

I did laugh while reading your post, though. I'm not sure why I just thought it was funny.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It's not OK no matter WHAT the color. You don't mention that she referred to you specifically by race...it's possible she would've screamed at you even if you were black because she sounds like a psycho.

But it's not acceptable EITHER way. You can sink to her level or stay on the level where you are.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well, I certainly don't think I am all that and a bag of chips. I have been told I am "stuck up" but that was from someone who didn't like me because her man fell in love with me and they had nothing left between them other than crack and 3 kids in the system, sad to say. I don't know why she said I was stuck up. I would help anyone anytime but many around here especially "know" I don't "belong" here and that particular woman was hungry, maybe feening for drugs (as she is a known drug addict, sad to say) and was just maybe not in the mood for anyone to be in her way which I was but I used that reverse psychology by telling her to have a great day etc and that pissed her off even more. My best bet would have been to not say anything but people like that (white or black or green) think sometimes a person is intimidated if they don't say anything but I wasn't intimidated. She knew it too and that got her pissed further. thx.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• How is that a race thing? She was just being rude to you. IT's not cause she was black or because you's white. I think you're reading too much into it. If she had called you a white bitch than I can understand you thinking it was unfair of her to be racist, but she didn't. She was just giving you an attitude. So...don't make mountains out of mole-hills.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It's me, original poster again. The white bitch comment was another time by someone else. I can't stick to a story anyway (ADD "sufferer" HA!)

Thanks so much for all the answers. Hatred is ugly and that is why I am glad to be away from my parents and the rest of my family (other than my children) where we accept those for who they are and not what they look like.

Just a short story here: I used to live in a motel when I was younger and believe it or not I was actually "friends" with a few Hasidic guys who were about 20 years old and lived there too. They wanted to be around others in the community and not live in their sect. They were SO nice and not smelly like so many people automatically think. They were great guys, helped me out with food when I need it and were great to hang with. That's just what kind of person I am, accepting and nice but also have been hurt so bad. Thanks so much all! PEACE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2009