i have a TON of canned chicken.. ANY moms have any easy ideas for things i can make with it?

THank U SO MUCH!
one more ? do u think it would be gross to used canned chicken in hamburger helper instead of burger meat...i dunno?lol thanks again

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 2:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I use it for enchiladas, or make some of the easy bake stuffing and throw some in along with broccoli and cover with cheese. I use it instead of tuna if we don't have real tuna and chop pickles with some cheese in there as well. There are a few other things I find to use it with but I can't remember right now! I hope that helps! :) As far as hamburger helper.... you could try it! I dont' think it sounds so good but you really never know until you try it!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• also take some of the fettucini packets that are like a dollar and make the noodles then add the canned chicken to it...its really yummy
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 4:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You could use it in chicken helper, I love Chicken Salad sandwiches!!!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• 1 8ounce pkg of cream cheese, 1 packet ranch salad dressing mix. and one large can ( 2 small cans) of canned chicken. mix it all together. keep it refrigerated or serve warm, makes an excellent snack for kids or dip or an appetizer. works good with sour cream too.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Chicken salad, add to gravy and serve over biscuits, chicken fajitas, chicken & rice casserole, soups, stew with dumplings...so many possibilities.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• cassarole...add chicken, one can cream of (whatever really, but i use mushroom) soup, veggie (peas, brocolli), and either rice or noodles, bake (approx 350, about 1/2 hour). It's yummy. I love the version with noodles and brocolli.

cresant rolls...put chicken with cheese in and bake.

citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Canned chicken in hamburger helper would be gross, but you could use it in tuna helper.

Canned chicken makes good chicken enchiladas and broccoli, cheese & rice casserole. I use canned chicken mainly for chicken salad.

I've also used it to make quesadillas and they turned out really good. I stir fried the chicken in a frying pan with about a teaspoon of corn oil, diced onion and bell pepper. I seasoned it with taco seasoning. I then spread the mixture on a tortilla, topped with shredded cheese, laid another tortilla on top and baked on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees until the tortilla was crisp.

You can also fix a package of Stove Top Stuffing and stir in the canned chicken for a main dish.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• An EASY recipe for canned chicken!!! Boil 1 bag of egg noodles till tender, and drain. After draining, add one family size can of cream of chicken soup and 1-2 cans of canned chicken (drained). Mix together and simmer over med. heat till everything is warm and creamy . *If you prefer it more creamy add some milk (about 1/2 your soup can full)* Serves 4-6
    **Leftovers can be baked/warmed in a casserole dish, topped with stove top. Makes a great noodle casserole!!! Hope you like it!!!! :)
    CnKsMom

Answer by CnKsMom at 1:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• 2 cans of chicken drained (12 oz total)
    1 can cream of chicken or potato soup
    2/3 c. milk
    1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
    1 box (9 or 10 oz) frozen mixed veggies (thawed-or more to taste)
    2/3 c. southern style hash browns (thawed if frozen-the cubes not the shreds)
    1 can biscuits (10 count)

Preheat oven to temp on biscuit can. Mix together all ingredients except biscuits. Spread into a 9x9 pan or 2 qt round casserole. Bake 15 minutes. Top with biscuits; continue baking until mixture is bubbly and the biscuits are brown.
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• King Ranch Chickem, Tortilla Soup, things that have a lot of other flavors. The chicken is good but it is different than fresh.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2009