im trying to make myself a budget and need some help! HELP PLEASE!

i wrote down all of our bills, when they are due and the amount.
i wrote down our income how much and when we get paid.

i just dont know how to figure out how much money to put aside every payday to have money for that bill coming up.

ive never done a budget, and we need to. can someone please help me!!!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know about other people, but I usually split the bill in half. I'll save half of it out of one paycheck, and then when the next paycheck comes, I take the other half and pay the bill. If I have something like car registration that only comes around once a year, I'll make an educated guess on how much it's going to be, and divide that by 12 (or how ever many months until it's due). Then I put that much away each month into the "car registration fund." Hope it helps
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Do you know how much the bills will be? If it's a bill that's always the same amount, or within a certain range (like between $100 and $120 each month), put aside the absolute maximum you will need for it, maybe even a little extra. Here are some links for budget worksheets. I've actually been looking into help with this, too, because I'm the only one working right now.

Basic Budget Worksheet

Monthly Spending Worksheet

The site I got those from

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Check out DaveRamsey.com or pick up his book The Total Money Makeover. There are TONS of budget sheets in there and his plan to become debt-free, build wealth, and give is phenomenal!

Or if that sounds like too much work, you can always message me. :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• What I do, is have my bills due the 1st or the fifteenth. That way, I knopw I can use one of those two paychecks on it. I never save from one paycheck for the next. It is too hard for me. Instead try getting your due dates changed and then just pay when it is due with your paycheck.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It looks like you have Internet. Cut things out you do not need. Like cable TV. Lots of shows on www.fancast.com or www.hulu.com. i saved at least 100d right there. if you want live news go to www.tikilive.com. Do you have cell and land lines phones? I gave up my dsl and land phone another 100d. By real food not fast food.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009