Why don't i have any RLF? (obviously not for fun)

I try to make friends with people, and for one reason or another it doesnt work out. I know i can be a difficult person to get to know and understand, but at I'm 22yrs old and i dont have any friends. ...My DH is deployed and i'm so lonely. ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You sound EXACTLY like me..... I am in Alaska, I have a friend or two, husband has been deployed for 14 mos so far and I meet people but for some reason it doesn't work out all the time. What branch are you in? How long has your husband been deployed?
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• try to not be so difficult.
    people dont reaally like to hang out with uptight cranky people.
    be more laid back and not so i guess picky
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• where are you at?
    what branch of military is your dh?

I only have 2 friends that i really talk to, everyone else is online.
    DH is in the army, and we're in Alaska.
    I stay away from drama, so thats why I have just the two friends!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• btw, I'm 23
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm in California
    My DH is in the Army. ...but i dont live on base.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• He's been deployed for 10 months.
    only two more months to go! woot woot!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• :) ya, I was there... they extended him and now I have 21 days left but somehow with now actual "redeployment" date.... but I'm SOOO excited!!!
    It sux! I live on base, my family is in Seattle... the only reason we really ever leave the house is for groceries and getting my toddler out of the house! I meet people at playgroups and such... but we just never really hit it off very well! Idk... i get very lonely and usually hang out with my one friend... her husband deployed 6 mos ago and I've been trying to make sure we both don't get too depressed. I ended up in the crisis recovery center right after my DH deployed. I had literally NO friends at that point.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:06 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I mean NO actual "redeployment" date!

Do you have kids? How is California? I have family down there, my brother just got out of the Marines and was stationed in San Diego.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes, we have kids. ...kinda. ...long story.
    California is the same as it always has been. I've lived in the same town my whole life. You'd think i'd have some friends. But either we've moved onto other things or they've moved away. ...I would love to move to Seattle. DH has family up there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Rebecca: when I read that anon I TOtALLY thought it was u n was wondering why u were anon lol.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 4:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2009