Oreck or Dyson..whats your Opinion??

Which do you have and How do you like it? Do you think it is worth the money? Do you think one is better than the other?

Just asking cause DH keeps saying hes looking at a Dyson and I keep saying Id like an Oreck (due to the fact that they have been around so long and well the one my grandma got almost 30 yrs ago is still working like the day she bought it)

So what do you think?

ReneeLRS

Asked by ReneeLRS at 4:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I like the dyson ones but we don't have the money. So Bissell works PERFECT for me and my moms bissell has worked for an easy 15 years.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My husband's Ridgid shopvac! They pick up everything, wet or dry (they are made to vacuum nails!). No fancy attachments or wheels, but it is lightweight.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I had the purple dyson for pets and loved it. It was 7 years old and worked great. Went to work and husband traded it in for a Kirby and I hate it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Dyson is more powerful, Oreck is lightweight. Depends on what your home's needs are and what is more important to you. Dyson will provide a lot of suction, but it is a little heavy and can be difficult to maneuver if you're small, or not very strong, or if you like to have your children vacuum. Oreck does an okay job vacuuming--not as good as the Dyson--but it is light and easily portable, which could be a plus if you have multiple levels in your home. Either one should have a very good warranty and last for years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I have a dyson and really like it except, the hose is a pain in the butt everytime I remove it I have to fight to get it back in place. Other then that I am very happy with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2009