odd feeling???or possibly wishfull thinking about being dialated?? how far along where you?

Today i have a cervical check up at 10 45 this morning.... i know its normal to feel the stabbing feeling in your vag area and stuff by now and the back aces and pelvic aces and all that come with it too at 35 weeks pregnant, she's been in position for 2-3 weeks now though apparently which is good hopefully she will be right on time... but im having an odd feeling that they might tell me im dialated today.. which i know isnt a BIG deal right now.. but its just a little voice in my head telling me this.. and now i know when they tell me im not dialated ( which is probably whats gonna happen i bet anybody anything.. im gonna get my hopes up then "nope not dialated" lol) im gonna be all disapointed and what not...
how far along where you guys with your first when you started to dialate? im sure im getting my panties in a bunch and getting excited but just curious

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 6:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Stop getting checked is the best advice I can give. No matter what answer you get you will become stressed, and stress isn't good for labor. On the one hand you will get over excited and then get dissapointed when your body does its thing but not to your satisfaction. If the number is unfavorable, you will start to think something is wrong with you when nothing is wrong.

Those dilation numbers mean nothing. Some women walk around dilated for weeks, and other women don't dilate at all until well into labor. Both are quite normal.

Remember you are an individual, not a number and your body doesn't care about the numbers on charts. It will do what it does in its own way.

I don't get check at ALL. I am 39 weeks. There is a level of healthy anticipation WITHOUT stress. It's the difference between waiting for a birthday gift to arrive in the mail, and worrying about getting hit by a car.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I was dilated at 2cm at 35wks im now 37wks 5d an im only 3cm!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well i dont know about not going in for my 2 week appointments.. i dont think my doctor would like that very much....he needs to check on the growth of the baby and things... he's only checking my cervix for this one time because he's doing some routine group b beta strep test as well.. other wise he would just check her heart rate her position and measure me, and thats pretty much the usual, except for today
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I agree with stop getting checked~ By reading how emotionally invested you are in the dilation, you might find it hard to hear (any) number and then still have to wait for whatever your body was meant to do, anyhow.
    What if you hear you're not dilated and go to 42 weeks? Or how will it make you feel to hear you're 3 cm dilated and then go to 42 weeks?
    (*Checking the cervix won't help anyone to know anything other than your body is doing what it wants at it's own pace. ....oh, and it introduces bacteria.)

Women hear what they're cervix is doing and then have expectations. Or they don't know what to do with that information. They spend energy processing it on their mind and in the end, it never mattered.

You can stay strong and keep people's hands out of there.

I never had any checks with my pregnancies. (Fortunately, I had care providers who never asked, knowing it's irrelevant.)

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• **I think amileegirl meant stopped getting the cervix checked, not the other vitals. That was what I agreed with too, btw.

;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:06 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I dilated to 1 at 36 weeks and was at 2 by 37 weeks - have been there since - Now I'm 39 weeks and will be checked again tomorrow. GL
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2009