Am I the only one? A question for Christians.

I have found quite a few Christians on here that drink alcohol. Not saying they are drunk or get that way. But am I the only one who doesn't drink alcohol at all?
I mean what ahppened to your body is a temple way of thinking?

Ibelongtojesus

Asked by Ibelongtojesus at 6:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't drink at all for many reasons. Everyone views this differently.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I might have a drink once a year or so, never to the point of intoxication. Our bodies are temples to the Lord, however, everyone also has a fleshly side, and we can never be perfect, we just have to ask forgiveness for our sins.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I personally believe that we each have a "personal" relationship with Jesus, and somethings he convicts some of and there are somethings he doesn't convict others of, I don't typically drink, maybe once every two years and usually on vacation. I think as long as it is not interfering with your walk with God or become a stumbling block for others then it is okay. I think when you are a drunk fool it is an issue! This is just how I feel about the situation!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• There are many things that can makes us fools at different times. The Problem isn't the alcohol. the problem is over indulgence. The same could be said of food. Only food that is pure not full of preservatives should never touch our lips. Christ said it best. and I'm paraphrasing. It's not what goes into our mouths that defiles us it's what comes out of our mouths that defiles us.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You realize The Church invented beer? The idea of Christians who don't drink or smoke or gamble is far more widespread than the number of Christians who really live that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I don't drink alcohol in any way. I just can't handle it,and hate the way it makes me sick. Not worth it to me. Plus, since I've become a Christian,there is just no need to. If I want a high, I'll spend time in the presence of my Lord and Savior!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• OK I'm sorry I am not a christian (anymore). But I don't drink anymore. it was just never something I understood. Of course watching one of my friends making out with a tree at a party kind of cinched it for me. I never wanted to lose control of myself like that. Since I was designated driver that night I caught all the magic on video tape for her to watch when she sobered up.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• 2autisticsmom,what happened when you showed her the tape? Did it make a difference in her actions from then on? I sincerely hope it did.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• well the bible says dont be a drunkard you can have some, its your decision
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I am personally not a Christian anymore for various reasons. I barely drink. I think This year I have had a total of 3 alcoholic bev. And that wasn't together that was very well spread apart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009