How many cm do u have to be before doc sends you to the hospital?

Im wondering this because the doc i saw with my other 2 pregnancies sent me in at 4cm! Im now 37wks 5d an im at 3cm!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my midwife said 5cm, so I guess it really depends on your dr/midwife
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:06 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• my dr sent me when i was 4-5 cm. I always thought it was 4... maybe its 5. It probably depends though.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 8:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• omg lol mine says when your 8 cm dilated lol a think it all depends on were you live they are different all over lol good luck xxx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I was 2 cm but thats because I wasn't sure when my water broke because it was just trickiling and they wanted to keep my dd under observation.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 8:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• really it should depend on contractions. i was at a 4 for 3 days thank god my midwife didnt make me go to the hospital! LOL usually its when your contractions are coming about 5-10 min apart (depending on where you live from hospital). and if they're getting stronger. o and of course if your water breaks.....
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Usually, I watch for contractions because I never get my cervix checked. Same with sitting with laboring clients, I never check their dilation.
    Going when the contractions are getting intense~ difficult to cope through, it's good to watch for them to be regular-frequent-strong-long.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• With my first i did allow 2 checks during labor, i was 5 cm when i got there and went back home. I returned a couple of hours after that and was 9cm..i didn't get checked after that.
    With my second i didnt get checked at all, it shouldn't be about dilation but about contractions, go in when the contractions are regular, about 4 minutes apart and intense.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:00 AM on Sep. 11, 2009