Brestfeeding and Sleeping threw the night?

I am having the hardest time trying to figure out why my DD isnt sleeping threw the night, the only and pretty much last thing is, is that I am loosing my supply, and she isnt getting enough at night. Think that this could be the case? I and beyond flustered, I know my supply has gone down since I started working and some days she will only nurse 2 times, I cant pump more then a few ounce and she wont take a bottle. Does any one have any suggestions?!

BoobiePrize

Asked by BoobiePrize at 8:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i don't know how old your daughter is but i doubt it has to do with supply. my son woke frequently until he was about one and a half years old. most people think it's something the parent is doing "wrong" but imo some kids just do not sleep well. they want to get up for that extra comfort from mommy and her milkers. ;) i thought i was the only one until i started reading into and would find boards with hundreds of posts from moms like us who have babies/toddlers who wake frequently.

sorry sweetie, i know how tired you are!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Depending on your childs age, i would just suggest to nurse as often as you can when your not working to increase your supply. the more you nurse the more milk you produce.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 8:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Have you tried giving her a sippy with milk in it? .
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My son didn't sleep through the night until he was 11 months old... we tried everything
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Before we can better advise you, we need to know your child's age and what you're calling through the night. Through the night is actually only 5 straight hours. Also, if you baby is less than 6 months old, expecting more than a 5 hours stretch isn't reasonable.

I know you're tired. I've been there. My first baby fed every 45 minutes all night long until she was 6 months old and then she fed every 2 hours until she was 8 months old and then it went to every 3 hours. I didn't get her sleeping through the night until she was 1 year old.

This is only temporary. Your supply is fine. Babies just nurse often until they eat solids regularly.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• She is 8 1/2months old and she sleeps from 8pm to 12am then is up every 30mins to a hour after that . She takes 3 naps during the day (more like cat naps since they are about 30mins to maybe a 1 1/2.) This is completly different from my son who was also BF and slept threw the night at 7 weeks and takes a 3 hour nap still at 2 1/2. I know some babies need more sleep then others, but this waking up ever 30 mins is killing me. Thank you ladies for all your help so far!
    BoobiePrize

Answer by BoobiePrize at 2:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2009