best way to help a 2 month old with a cold

my 5 yr old had it first and then my fiance and my 2 yr old got it and this morning my 2 month old woke with it. Its nothing serious, just a cough and congestion, no fever, and i don't really want to take him to the dr for something so small, especially since its going to be a cold and rainy day today here in nj, which by my experience with the older kids, only makes things worse. So do any of you ladies have any ideas? Right now Im nursing him but since I didn't catch the cold first I dont think its going to help- tia

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 8:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO NO NO baby tylenol. If you are nursing you are ahead of the cold. I would nurse on demand and cuddle with him. You have some antibodies already in your BM from you being sick previously.

Now you can eat things to pass on to him like garlic, drink echinea teas with honey and lemon etc...

Just wait it out and if he gets a runny nose suction out snot and replace with boob juice. Lots of rest for baby and nurse on demand are the best things you can do.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Baby tylenol
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2009