best way to help a 2 month old with a cold

my 5 yr old had it first and then my fiance and my 2 yr old got it and this morning my 2 month old woke with it. Its nothing serious, just a cough and congestion, no fever, and i don't really want to take him to the dr for something so small, especially since its going to be a cold and rainy day today here in nj, which by my experience with the older kids, only makes things worse. So do any of you ladies have any ideas? Right now Im nursing him but since I didn't catch the cold first I dont think its going to help- tia

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 8:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• my DD has one now too and i bring her into the shower turn the heat on close the door and let the steam clear her nose, put her cool mist humidifier on, elevate her head in the crib, saline and then suction her nose, baby menthol rub on the feet then put socks on
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 8:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• The steam helps a lot. I have a cold and sat in the bathroom with DH while he was showering this morning to loosen my congestion up. :)

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2009