9 month old with a cold

i know the usual things but is there any more i can do for her now that shes older vs suction,raise head,steam saline drops, Tylenol? also with a cough

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I like all your answers EXCEPT Tylenol. I do not use it. If you are nursing you can suction the snot out and put breastmilk up your DD nose and that would stop my sons runny nose.

If you are FF I would add probiotics to the formula-it will help clean out bad bacteria of the gut-the digestive system is ~ 75% of our health.

Hylands makes medicine for colds and coughs and I use them when needed.

Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• try a bath and let them play in it, if they want, untill the water is cold
    tarja

Answer by tarja at 9:32 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Unfortunately there is hardly anything we moms can do for a cold except make them as comfortable as possile:(. Only use Tylenol for a fever as needed. Lavender/calming baths can be very helpful. Also, it's safe to use the mentholated shower drops as long as your baby does not have any skin contact to it. ie. Sit with baby in infant tub while fosset runs over methol drop separately. U can suction the nose and throat as needed, and try saline nose drops if she's really runny. Also try propping her matress with a rolled up towel to try to elevate her head when she sleeps. Good luck, hope the little lovey feels better soon!
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2009