Do you distrust Atheists?

Is so why?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol, no, I don't distrust Atheists. Atheists are just as trustworthy and moral as believers. One's religious association doesn't make someone trustworthy or not, its their actions (like stealing or lying) that determines that. Someone is worthy of trust until they prove to be unworthy of it, and merely being an Atheist isn't a factor in that, at least not to me.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Nope. Not at all. Or at least not without good reason.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well, given the fact that in real life, I have no idea who is and who isn't, it'd be hard to answer that accurately. As to on here, no I don't. You all have your opinions, just like everyone else,and you are as entitled to them as anyone else. It just happens your opinions are there is no God,where mine are there is,why is that something to distrust?
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i distrust anyone who gives me a reason to. it has nothing to do with religion. btw-ihateyou lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• There are many instances of people losing their jobs or even their children in custody battles when their Atheism is brought to light. I see this as a matter of 'not trusting', so why is that? Is it because they are under the false impression that god-less people can't possible love, respect others or have morals?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• ihartu, I'm going to be really honest with you, until I came onto Cafe Mom, I hadn't really known any Atheists, or if I did, I wasn't aware of it. However, the majority of the Atheists I've met on here, while we don't obviously agree in theory have all been very nice,decent, respectable women,who all obviously love their children,families,and do the best job for them they can,as we all do. I can't see why not believing in God would make a difference in the way someone performs their job,or takes care of their children,unless they are sacrificing them to satan,or something ridicolous like that. Just wanted to say that. Most of you,as I've gotten to know you have all turned out to be very nice women, who I enjoy debating with.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yea? Because they are normal people just like you and me. Why would I "not" trust them. Have they done something wrong?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I AM A TRUSTING PERSON, I TEND TO SEE THE GOOD EVEN IN THE WORST OF PEOPLE, SOMETIMES IT GETS ME IN TROUBLE BUT NOT OFTEN, I CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE A GOOD JUDGE OF CHARACTER, AND YOUR BELEIVES DOES NOT COUNT TO ME FOR TRUST.

Answer by older at 9:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Older, you and I are alot alike. I do the same thing,and it does get me in trouble sometimes,but I'm not going to stop trusting,or looking for the good in everyone. I believe everyone does in fact have some good in them,somewhere. Oh,and good morning my dear friend, how are you this lovely day?
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No, not simply because of their atheism. Only if they had proven themselves untrustworthy in other regards- that goes for people of any belief in my book!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2009