My 2 month old daughter HATES sleep in her crib and she only sleeps next to me. When I put her in her crib she screams uncontrolably! How can I get her to sleep in her crib??

megeliz3

Asked by megeliz3 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what about put a bassinet next to your bed and co-sleep but when she falls asleep move her into her own space....... I would only do baby steps to transition this..I would not let her CIO IMO.

Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Try swaddling her in a shirt that you have worn, that way she still smells you. And as PP stated, I'd try a bassinet.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i used the shirt and i had to use one of thows old heating pads that u have to fill with hot water.... i dont know if u get that.... because she would recegnize that where she was being put wasnt warm.... or use a heating pad on low and then when u put her in it turn it off
    tarja

Answer by tarja at 9:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• that happened to my son too. hes 3 and a half months old now, and most of the time i let him sleep in the bed with me at night time, sometimes i can put him in his crib, he seems to be getting better with it as he gets older, but what he really likes is his swing. in the day time, he usually sleeps in his swing.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• why not co-sleep? i am just asking. we didn't co-sleep either because i could never get comfy with him in the bed and neither could hubby. but i just wondered if you had considered it.

good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2009