My husband to be is leaving out of state for a month for job training. We have a two and a half month old who can be a pretty cranky baby at times. I feel like i dont know how im going to make it through all by myself. Any suggestions?!

faithm127

Asked by faithm127 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• my son was 7 months old when my husband left to go to basic training. i felt the same way you do. but i can promise-you will make it. do you have family or friends to help you out and support you?
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You'll be fine. The rest of us went through it so you can too. You will find out how much strength you have and I bet you find the baby is no longer fussy. The baby could have been reacting to the energy in the home regarding him leaving. It might be a great thing for everyone. He'll be back and all will be well

Answer by admckenzie at 9:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My baby was two and a half months old when her dad left to Afghanistan for a year. A month would be a breeze. You'll survive.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You'll survive. Two months is nothing. Try13+.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:10 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It will go by faster than you think! My husband always did 45 day training problems and went on deployments a few times. AS long as you keep a schedule, stay busy, and definitely makes plans to get out fhe house. Even if it something as small as a MOmmy & Me playgroup. If you feel overwelmed, get a babysitter and go out for a few hours.
    kdnrachsmommy

Answer by kdnrachsmommy at 12:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Do a countdown, it will go by so fast.

Make a list of goals for while he's gone..

Set a time for daily phone calls.

Set a time for doing something just for YOU every day.

Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Like the others, I've been a pseudo single parent since my kids were born. We've done multiple deployments, and training exercises and schools. You'll be surprised at how strong you will be.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yeah i guess it could be worse. He'll be leaving like this on and off the whole time hes working at this job so i'm sure i'll get used to it. I have some family around that will help im sure. I'm going to keep myself busy, me and a friend just got a gym membership so hopefully i can get a babysitter so i can get out and plus baby keeps me busy ALL the time lol
    faithm127

Answer by faithm127 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009