how do I start my home daycare fast?

Wanting to open a home daycare but don't know exactly how to can anyone give me advice on how they did it?

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• Use Craigs list to advertize. That's what my friend does. However you should get licensed ASAP otherwise they could find out shut you down and not let you re-open. I don't want to scare you I just don't want anyone to get in trouble. GOOD LUCK!!

Answer by rocamom at 9:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I had a neighbor ask me if I would like to watch her son. So maybe ask a neighbor with kids.
    This was 5 yrs ago, I have had 8 children that I have watched in the pass. At this time I am watching 3 children.

• I started my own in home day care - by asking other "in-home" providers. I live in AZ - and we have a program called Arizona childcare resource and referal, I just went to talk to them, got figerprinted, took a cpr and first aid class. Than i was ok for private pay.. You can also speak with the local DES office, they would have steps to help you get set up! ~Rachel

Answer by RachelM915 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2008