i need help

okay me and my husband decided to travel to two places a year... we live close to chicago... we want to drive and have it be a beautiful time... more like niagra falls not disney world places... but we aslo want some fun things for our girls to do... any suggestions? (our girls 4 and 1) ive found a handful of places but maybe someone lives in a great place or went to one thats not easly found on the internet searches.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 9:11 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Travel

• Gatlinburg, Tn is nice, mountains and stuff, and there is plenty to do with little ones too. Shopping, scenery, Dollywood, all kinds of nice things to do. Not to far either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• try family fun magazine on line or this web site for Ideas. at those ages they really do not remember much.
    http://www.familyvacationcritic.com/
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Chicago is a great place to vacation, with or without kids. Zoos, museums, public transit (no car needed), festivals, ethnic neighborhoods, parks, etc. www.chicagoparent.com  is a great website for finding things to do and see.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• oh, and Wisconsin Dells are very nice and Michigan's west coast is beautifull as well as Mackinaw Island
    www.michigan.org
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I think your girsl would love Niagra Falls. There are many things to do there for people of all ages. Clifton Hill has simulator rides, wax museums, tours. There is even a Revolving Restaraunt there. If your hotel is near the falls, you can walk almost everywhere you need to go. Every night the falls are llit up in different colors. If you have not been there i would suggest it. We loved it and plan to go again.
    By the way, I LOVE Chicago. I grew up very close to there.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• my husband is from chicago and i go there often LOL i love chicago to but im more of a camping outdoors person. and ive never been to niagra falls but i know thats one on my list already.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 10:05 AM on Sep. 11, 2009

• In WI. is the WI. Dells! Its nice too! In Baraboo is the circus world museum. I don't know! We've been married over 29 + years & never had a honeymoon, vacation or Get away! But since I chaperoned every one of my DD's school field trips that's where I got to go... The cave of the mounds too. Of course these are nearby WI. trips! It doesn't take much to amuse young children! Best of Luck! I'm sure you could do a search of any Ientioned & find Cheaper deals or coupons it being an off season time!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2009