Have you ever gone out of town with out your kids for a coulpe days?

I'm leaving for Boston in 2 weeks for a U2 concert with a few of my friends. I will be gone for 2 nights. I don't know if I could leave my kids! I've never been away from them. They will be home with hubby and I know they will be fine. Except little one, she is so attached to Mommy! This break is desperately needed and it will be fun . But I'm a nervous wreck! Any tips on how to make this easier for me?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No! You can't do it! Give ME the tickets for the U2 concert and I will make the sacrifice for you because I care about you very much! I'll even tell Bono you said hi!

LOL....didn't work, did it? Ah well, I tried.
    Yes, I've been able to leave my children for a couple of nights when I used to go away once a year for a weekend with my friends. My husband got to have the girls all to himself and I got to have a mini-vacation. :)

Enjoy the concert and tell Bono I said HI!!! :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• when i left my son with my inlaws-i took one of his bears with me and called him everyday. i was gone for 3 days :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• LOL yea i've done it for years, since thjey were toddlers. I always miss my kids but damn do I enjoy missing them, have fun. You will have a blast
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes, before we had our youngest hubby and I use to go for overnight hotel stays and leave our oldest with either my BFF or my mum. After we had our youngest we did go away to Disney for our 5th year wedding anniversary for 4nights 5 days. Great trip and we didn't feel bad about it cuz we had taken our kids to Disney 3months prior for 10days before our get away trip. It's been two years since that anniversary trip and we need another.

You shouldn't feel bad for taking a few days to go off and do something fun just the two of you. Parents need time to re-invest in their marriage. One day those kids you're worried about will be grown and out of the house leaving mom and dad behind. If you don't continue do things now just the two of you it'll be like living with a stranger you don't know anymore cuz you were so focused on the kids.

GO and have fun and please tell THE EDGE that there's a woman in B-more that says hi
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• my son is 3 and a half months old. me and my SO went to atlantic city for my bday for 2 days when he a month and a half old. i missed him so much but he was with my mom so i know he was well taken care of.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Heck yeah! I need a break sometimes! :)

I've left our kids for the weekend or a few days here or there for random things: women's retreats, time with hubby, etc. This past June my parents took the kids and we went on our "honeymoon" (after 5 years of marriage! lol) for 5 days. It was WONDERFUL!

Btw, our children are almost 2, 3, and 4.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• When my daughter was 18 months she stayed with my mom for a week while me and my husband went on our honeymoon. By thursday I was ready to come home, I missed her so much. She had some adjusting to do when we came back because my mom spoiled the hell out her while we were gone. When she was a little over 2 I went to visit a friend in chicago for 2 nights, I missed her, but it was so nice to just relax for a couple days. That time she was with my husband, so when I came back she did not have go through mema detox.

You'll be fine, you'll miss your kids but you'll fun and come back a relaxed mom.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• In a month my son will be 6 months old and me and my hubby and his friend are going to Vegas the in-laws will have my son. I'm having a hard time thinking about it. I've never left him overnight and this is 3 nights. I wouldn't go but my hubby planned it all then told me after he bought the tickets. It's going to be hard but a nice break. :) Have fun
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 10:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It is so nice to get away! Especially if I get to sleep in! OH yeah baby!
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes but we didn't do it until my sons were 16, 14, 12 and 10. We left them with a friend overnight. The next time after that was last year when the younger 2 were 18 and 16.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2009