ACORN helping to hide illegal activity from the IRS??

Alright - I've seen the video - and that woman's words cannot be mistaken. No, I'm not shocked by any stretch of the imagination - I am outraged that NONE of the other news media are reporting on this. ACORN has a large hand in our current administration - yet, their illegal activity is being ignored by the other news outlets. If MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC , CNN, Wall Street Journal don't pick up on this - I will probably never watch any of them again.

I don't know about anyone else - but I don't want my news watered down and censored to bend the agenda of any administration. Isn't it time that that ALL tell us EVERYTHING? I'm just tired of the censored news. Yes, I know it's nothing new - and there's little I could actually do about it - but aren't you sick of someone with an agenda picking and choosing what you get to know about your country??

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 9:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am outraged that NONE of the other news media are reporting on this.

LOL, I saw that this morning too.  Outrageous, yes.  Surprising?  No, not at all. 

Beware though, you will have a lot of naysayers telling you that ACORN doesn't have anything to do with this administration, or Obama in general.  They will defend him to the death if need be, without looking at the facts and thinking on their own. 

I have maintained the whole time Obama has been in office (and campaigning) that our media has turned 'wag the dog' on us.  It's a sick game.  Most aren't even real journalists anymore, just commentators.  Sad state of affairs that you can work in the news industry and not have to be in journalism.  Very telling of our times.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If you haven't heard it - ACORN in Baltimore MD is on video advising a "pimp and prostitute" to classify her occupation as an "entertainer" and the lady tells them straight out to stop saying "prostitute". They're also on video offering to help get a home loan for a house that THEY KNOW will be used as a brothel. I won't post links - I don't want anyone saying I posted a biased link - go look it up -
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Why are conservatives still going on about ACORN? The conspiracy theories never stop.
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 9:23 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• AND ACORN is advising them to list UNDERAGE prostitutes as DEPENDENTS so that the pimp can get the child tax credit!!!!!! on their income tax return.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I thought I heard her suggesting that a prostitute can actually be classified as a "Performing Artist". LOL! I love that.

The part I found so appalling is that when he said that he is bringing young girls from other countries to live in the house and she told him to claim them as dependants and "teach them to keep their mouths shut".surprise mini  W.T.F.?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Y'all do realize they are talking OPENLY about underage girls that have been brought from El Salvador to work as prostitutes!! And it's these CHILDREN that they are talking about - "just make sure they go to school" AND THIS IS WHERE OUR STIMULUS MONEY IS GOING!!!!!

My god people - wake up! How much corruption has to be PROVEN before we say enough?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• PaceMyself, it came from Fox News. They won't believe it even if it were happening in their backyards. And it very well may be.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

Some people are so clueless. I'm embarrassed for you.
    How exactly is an Acorn worker caught on tape doing something illegal a conspiracy theory?
    Please do tell....
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If they cover their eyes and plug their ears, it does not exist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• This was not a Fox News investigation... this was a guy who decided to do this to help expose the corruption. Fox got this from an independent blog site of this guy who posted this ON HIS OWN I don't give a crap if people like Fox or not - this is totally about what's going on with ACORN and the even remote possibility that they are using our tax money to do crap like this. Good lord, their talking about 15 year old girls! We're all moms here - surely we can put our political preference aside and say IF this is going on and IF our government is funding this BS then we gotta stop it. Yes, I'm outraged. I'm outraged that this is a HUGE story and it's being swept under the carpet by our media. And this group is directly tied to our President - does he know?? http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/7203
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2009