What did you think of President Obama's speech?

Do you think President Obama made a strong case for health care reform?

momtokate

Asked by momtokate at 9:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought it was fluff, sort of like all presidential speeches. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Wow. You don't like anyone disagreeing with you, huh? LOL!
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 9:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I was out so I didn't watch it. if I'd have been home I probably wouldn't have watched it either, though, since life is way too busy to sit down and watch TV until around 9 around here. I did, however, vote for him so disliking him isn't why I wouldn't have watched if I'd have been home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Dang! I didn't read that first response. Wow. . . .
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I didn't listen to it, but I did listen to the Republican response,and got alot out of it,so I guess I did hear it in somewhat. No, I don't think he made a strong case,and I have to agree with what the Rep. from Lousiana said last night. He made more sense than most anyone I've heard in a long time. Wish I could remember his name.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• 1st Anon....that's a bit threatening isn't it? Everyone has to be exactly like you and then you are okay? Let's get rid of the Dems, all of the non-Christians, etc. right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I felt it was spoken like a true President. I felt like he really cares about the ppl and that mayby uhc would just make it "fair". I really dont see what all the hate is for.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Turned the station and we watched So You Think You Can Dance - much better watching people audition than hearing promises that one man or group of men can never really bring to pass that will benefit all US citizens like they think. Big time waster.

Oh, SYTYCD was sooo much better. LOL
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• @stvmen88 - You can't say he didn't make a strong case if you didn't listen to the man's speech.
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 9:33 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• He tap danced around a lot, like what happens if the insurance companies find ways to classify millions of people as "higher risk" to offset no pre-existing clauses and ultimately raise rates for everyone. And what happens if the public option can't sustain itself. What happens when illegals with TPINs and stolen SS#'s still get coverage because they don't allow them to check as a qualifier? What guarantee do they have that companies with monopolies on states will lower the cost of anything? What happens when masses of employers drop their negotiated group-rate insurance in exchange for paying the much cheaper "penalty" they incur for not offering insurance at all?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2009