What did you wear after your C-section?

My baby is breeched so I have to have a c-section. What should I pack in my hospital bag?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a c section and honestly for the first few days ( I was in the hospital for 3 days) i wore nothing but hospital gowns. They were constantly changing my dressing and checking on me, as well as having to change pads all the time so those gowns were most convenient. I did not put on regular clothes (comfortable, loose fitting sweats) until it was time to go home.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:32 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i wore hospital gowns, until i got to go home. on the way home, i just wore a robe. you wont really want pants on. they rub on the incision.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:39 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i did the same as the previous poster. i wore the gowns until the day i left, and then i wear big sweats and tshirts, i also had to have my mom go and buy me extra big underwear so that the elastic didnt fall right on my cut.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:39 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My husband brought me up a night gown and lonuge pants.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• While at the hospital I wore mostly hospital gowns. On the day I went home and after, high waisted underwear that won't rub on your insicion, lounge pants and big, comfy shirts. Good luck to you.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I wore t-shirts and maternity shorts because I wanted to be able to walk outside once in a while for some fresh air.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• At the hospital I wore gowns and then when I walked the halls (they make you do that after a c-section) I wore a robe. To go home in (after both c-sections) I wore maternity goucho pants. Goucho waste bands are so super comforable after a c-section.

The mesh disposable panties they give you at the hospital are wonderful. They only give you about 2 or 3 pairs, but my OB told me to wash them out in the sink and hang them to dry and wear them for 2 to 3 weeks until the incision gets comfortable enough to wear panties again.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i wore loose fitting p.j. pants that could go up to my belly button and not look too dorky,lol and a giant shirt. of course that was when i left the hospital, while ur there u will just wear a gown.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 11:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yeah you want to wear pants with a comfy elastic not to tight band! Lots of room! I am with most of the other women...I wore the hospital gown till I left...don't tell, but I took my gown home too. It was big and easy to wear and easy to feed my baby!

As far as your bag...the only thing you really need are going home outfit for you and baby, and if you want your own toiletries to shower with while in the hospital! They really do a great job of taking care of you! I do recommend a pair of socks, the surgery room is freezing cold! If you have socks with the gripper slippers on the bottom that would be great because at one time you will be asked to start getting up and walking around! If you are not a sock person take a pair of slippers! Maybe a camera too! Just so you can take pictures of the new baby!

Congrats and it will be great!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My daughter stayed in her hospital gown in the hospital and wore her pregnancy clothes when she was recovered enough to get up and about - they felt comfortable on her incision.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:48 PM on Sep. 10, 2009