really had enough.....

as the midwife wud say i am 40w n 10days got my date 2 b induced which will b this saturday had sweep yesterday n nuffin has happened dnt really wanna b inducded iv tried everythink walkin sex pineapple hot curry squats been on a trampoline nuffin is wrkin an iv got so much pain on my pubic bone it hurt s2 move any other thing si can try 2 get my self started b4 my induce date please helpppppppp........

molyneux88

Asked by molyneux88 at 9:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You don't have to go to the induction you know. You do have the right to say NO thanks, I will wait for my body to go into labor on its own.

You aren't even over due until your 42 weeks is COMPLETE. It is also not unusual for a first timer to go past 41 weeks. There is NOTHING wrong. 40 weeks is a midpoint of a RANGE it is not an expiration date! You aren't expired.

As long as you and baby are healthy and normal, induction is an unnecessary intervention and too much added stress.

I'm 39 weeks and if my midwife started suggesting induction before my 42 week was complete I'd decline in a heartbeat. And even after that point, I'd refuse unless something was wrong. Every body and every baby is different. We don't all gestate on a timer.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Very well put amileegirl...I was a 45 week baby and dh was a 47 week baby.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yes, I know exactly how you feel. When i was pregnant with my son i had this problem only my doctors told me i was only 39 weeks when really i was 42 weeks. I told them i was ready and they didnt believe me until the next day after my apt i had abruption and bleed like CRAZY. I mean BAD! My son came out cooked and peeling. The day i went into labor was the day i felt like giving up. All i did that day was get some baby stuff in order and go to a cook out. (oh.. my husband made me drink some castro oil stupid i know) That evening when i got home i told him i was really tired and that i needed to take a nap. I got up like 4 hours later and stood up and water came and blood everywhere sry TMI. So, i know you make be stressed out and frustrated but the best thing for you to do is to stop worrying all together which i know is easier said then done and your body will do what it should on its own. Gl hun
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i dont want 2 wait any longer 2 meet my baby i am very uncomfy at the moment i cant carry my baby any longer i cnt do anythink like bend walk properly my back is killin me all the time and they reckon my baby is gonna be a big nice healthy 8lbs 10oz which is quiet scary 4 me never vnew any 1 2 have a baby that big with there 1st i cud b wrong lol am i bein selfish 2 want my baby out cuz of wot my body is feelin like
    molyneux88

Answer by molyneux88 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• An 8lb baby isn't big! There is no way to know the weight anyway -- estimation are usually wrong. Babies are all built differently. What matters more than how heavy a baby is, is presentation and if the head has time to mold and if a woman doesn't birth on her back. The reason why babies are often born smaller than that is because people these days rush to an induction! Both my siblings were 8lb14oz and were compact torpedos.

Everyone is uncomfortable in the last trimester. It comes with the territory. Sure, I'm tired of my fingers aching, and I'm tired of the painful hip twangs and shocks, sure I'm tired of having to pee so often, sure I'm tired of not being able to get comfortable in bed.

But these things are temporary. Baby needs to cook longer. If the baby was ready to come out, it would be here right now. The baby is putting on finishing touches and I see no need to interfere with that.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:03 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Try to change your perspective.

Instead of focusing on my discomfort all the time (though I could with all the pressure on my pelvis), I focus instead on relishing these last quickly ending moments of feeling the baby move, of feeling hiccups, of rubbing my belly, and of having the baby with me so close. Because I know once the day has arrived, these moments won't come around again and I will have forgotten all about being uncomfortable.

I am anticipating the birth as a new beginning, not an ending to my uncomfotableness. It makes a difference.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No your not wrong lol. Almost every first time mom wants their first baby to come out on time if not earlier because of the fact that they have never felt anything so uncomfortable in their life and they also are anxious of course to see their little one. That surely does not make you selfish. That makes you human hun. Just remember that babies usually come when they are ready. There usually is a reason why most babies are not born at 36, 37, 38, 39 weeks. Some babies lungs aren't developed ect. and that's why they say never to try and induce labor. Every baby develops at diffrent rates. Just don't think about the pain. I know it's soo hard but when i stopped worrying with my first i went into labor. I had it set in my mind that my son was going to come when he was ready and no point in rushing nature.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• *You NEVER have to do anything you don't want.

Ask questions:
    what are the benefits of inducing me (when I am fine & healthy)?
    and the risks?
    What are the benefits and risks of waiting for spontaneous labor?

*IF you are healthy and fine, you will likely discover that the risks to unnecessarily induse outweigh the benefits. When considering baby, letting baby choose is the priority.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Statistically and medically a 9 pound baby is in the average range.

"Babies weighing more than 9 pounds and 15 ounces (4,500 grams) are considered much larger than average. (Average newborn weight is 7 pounds and 8 ounces.) It's very difficult to determine whether a baby is truly macrosomic (literally "of large body") while she's still in the womb — only a post-birth weigh-in confirms it."

ACOG recommends intervention only if baby is over 5000 grams which is 11 pounds. Keep in mind they admit there is NO WAY to know how much a baby will weigh until after the baby is born. So if they think by ultrasound a baby will be 11 pounds... the baby could actually only be 9 pounds, well within normal. http://www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com/Big_baby.htm#But%20the%20ultrasound/OB%20said....
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My first child was 16 days overdue and I allowed them to induce. It was the biggest mistake of my life! I went through 29 hours of induced back labor (It was 19 hours before they even broke my water!). I then had to have a C-Section because it was taking over 4 hours to dialate 1 cm and I was only at 7 after 29 hours!!! I know that the end of a pregnancy is hard and tiring, but think about how much harder it will be to care for a newborn after a c-section! (I had 4 in 4 years all c-section with no help at home).
    PeachyApple

Answer by PeachyApple at 12:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009