For those of you who have been dialated from 1-3 cm....

Have you felt any contractions?? I'm 39 weeks and my appointment is tonight...I have not dialated any thusfar and have not felt any contractions. I can't wait to see if I've dialated any!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was at a 2 for over a month with my first and felt nothing and a 3 for a couple weeks with my daughter and also felt nothing. I ended up getting induced both times.
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 9:37 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I want to warn you that dilation means nothing. I'm 39 weeks and don't get checked.

If you are dilated you will be exited and then disspointed if you don't go into labor when you think you should, because your body is doing what it does and doesn't care what the chart says. You can go into labor any time between now and the end of the 42 week as a reasonable expectation.

If you aren't dilated you will think something is wrong with you and there isn't. Some women don't dilate until they are well into labor and they are perfectly normal. That's just how things work. Everyone is different.

Those numbers and charts and stations are just setting you up for stress. Your body doesn't care about those charts. If you feel you should be checked for the record, you can request that they not tell you what those numbers are because, IMO honestly, it won't help you to know.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• @ amileegirl...thanks for your response but I'm just curious to know the answer to my question. I know that you can be dialated for a long period of time and it can mean something or not. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I haven't felt any contractions.
    I don't know my dilation.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:44 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i didnt feel anything all the way up to a 4! lol i went from barely a 1 to a 4 one week later and felt nothing. soooo yes its possible to be dilated without feeling contractions. the 4 lasted 3 days when i finally started to feel contractions and went into the hospital. was still a 4 for a few hours......so yep its possible.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Im 3cm im 37wks 5d ive been in early labor for 2wks now! Havin contractions about every 15 mins!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My DD went in 2 weeks ago. Was 4 1/2 CM. Dialated. Now she's over 5cm. She's waiting too! This is her 3rd pregnancy. And her longest one! Maybe the Baby just isn't ready! My first born was 'spose to be here before Thanksgiving. Yet waited until Dec. 7th! All in "due" time I guess!! When I went in at 2 cm. I had a 27 hour labor!! I wish you that healthy happy perfect baby. And a Easy delivery too! Best of Luck! Share the Great news when you can! Thank you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:47 PM on Sep. 10, 2009