chest pain??

is chest pain normal during pregnancy? everytime i breathe in, the right side of my chest hurts and when i lay down it hurts all the way through to my back. also, it is hard to breathe!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you? cuz when i was getting bigger....my DS foot was always in my ribs or chest. one night i swear he kicked my lungs it took my breath away and it was not fun. when baby starts to drop, the pressure will be relieved on your lungs but will be once again back on your bladder lol yay for being preggo! (actually tho, i really enjoyed it)
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• How pregnant are you? It could be the baby pushing up on your rib cage. Or just the extra weight weighing heavy on your chest. I remember feeling like this when I was really pregnant like 7 or 8 months. Good luck to you.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• it could be the way your baby is positioned or it could be a gas bubble as well. I went to the ER for the same pain and they told me i had a gas bubble right under my rib cage and that was causing the pains in my chest. I took gas X and it went away within a couple days. If your really conserned and the pain is too much definitly call the nurse and ask for her opinion.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• im only 21 weeks along. but the other day i gagged and coughed and it hurt my chest really bad, and every since then i have felt like this. if that is any help....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Hm... well it definitly isnt the baby in your rib cage. Too early for that. Well, i know that all your intestines and such are pushing up which can cause some discomfort. Or like i said it could be a gas bubble which also gave me trouble when i coughed and took deep breaths.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• well thanks!! if it keeps on i will contact my doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2009