music helps babys brains?

Has any one ever hurd that classical music makes ur kid smarter.... my friend researched it and they told her.... she even asked the doc and they said that its true because it works both sides of the brain at the same time and to start when in the womb.... so turn on the music!
but it wont work if ur baby cant hear it they will just feel the vibrations

tarja

Asked by tarja at 10:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know about making them smarter, but I listened to classical when I was pregnant with my 1st because that's what was on at work. When I had him and would turn on the classical it definitely calmed him down - maybe he remembered it?
    The research on classical music has been around for a LONG time. 11 years ago the state of Georgia was giving away a CD with ever newborn baby from the hospital. The research has since been questioned, but no telling which study is actually correct.

Answer by missanc at 11:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009