my son has been sick........

my son is almost 7 months old and he has been sick for like 13 days at the begining his doc put him on two meds to take in a machine then she gave him a antibiotic then at his check up she told me to stop the pulmicort and give a oral med with the allbuterioll......they wont give him anything for his cough and he coughs when hes sleeping and it wakes him up......my question is have any of u had this with ur kids and how long did it take u to get rid of ?.....his doc said it was early stages of bronchitis but if thats the case and it was early then why aint it over yet??....or should i get a second opion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he laying flat when you put him to bed? try rolling up a blanket and putting it under the mattress so that he is laying on more of an incline...that will help with the draining down his throat and coughing...are you using a vaproizer or humidifier? Also, baby vicks on the bottom of the feet help.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• no doc didnt say anything about a vaporizer and he tosses and turns all night he is always rolling over onto his bellie he seems to sleep better that way and i hate having him on his tummie so im turning him over all night i dont think that vicks would help what he has but thanks ill keep that in mind his doc should be calling me today so ill see what she says maybe ill have to take him back to get checked again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I been through something like this but my DD was only 2 weeks old she had the wooping cough and I did too. like the other one said have him sleep sitting up it will help alittle.Be ready for things to get worse.Things will get worse before better.And sometimes in early stages med won't work thats why they make us work I know it suck to see our little ones sick my DD was sick for a 100 days and spent 4 weeks in the hospital.Hang in there. Hugs to you
    Mamato2angels

Answer by Mamato2angels at 10:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I forgot too I used a cold mist vepor
    Mamato2angels

Answer by Mamato2angels at 10:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Bronchitis is a virus and with most virus it's a 7-14 day run, meaning he could be coughing for quite a while. I used Delsym for my children when they cough at night, it doesn't stop it completely but it helps a bit
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• his doc dont want to give him any cough meds....and i dont understand why
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• you could too take him to the ER and see what they say.Don't tell them what your doc says and see if you get the same answer.This way too you get a second option
    Mamato2angels

Answer by Mamato2angels at 10:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2009