PMS remedies? tmi

For the last year, I have been getting close to severe PMS symptoms. About 3 days before I start I start cramping terribly bad (almost like lower back labor-seriously). Of course the moods! Now the first 2 days of my period I get cramps so bad I vomit and get migrane headaches. I spoke to the doctor about it and he sez a controlled diet and rest. Been there. Done that. Any suggestions?

auntj

Asked by auntj at 10:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Health

• umm try magnesium its what womens body crave (and y you crave chocolate). that might help relieve some of the symptoms. try really hard to cut out caffeine and drink a ton of water. i never had cramps and guess i jinxed myself bc after my DS its been a mess lol.....good luck!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Has the dr checked you for uterine fibroids? Those puppies can cause problems like crazy. I have them and do the vomiting thing which is why I asked.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• No meat or dairy for at least two weeks before your period. Dong Kway (or Quay or Quai or ...) is a Chinese herb that may help you (you can find it at a health food store or natural food store like Whole Foods). Avoid highly processed foods like white sugar, white flour, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:01 PM on Sep. 10, 2009