Flu shots ??

Should I get it with this H1N1 now...
I never really believed in flu shots whenever I got the shot I also got the flu the same year so badly I coulda cried. I haven't had a flu shot since I had my sone 7 1/2 years ago and I have not had the flu. When I got the shot while preg. with him I ended up having the flu for nearly a week which resulted with me goin into labor and having him a lil early.
I haven't got my kids a flu shot since the started daycare when they were 3 and 4 years of age (now 7 and 8) and when they got it then they also got the flu. They haven't had the flu since, even when it started going around school. Just the occasional cold is all.
now with H1N1 around, i'm not sure if I should get us all shots or not... I'm afraid we'll all end up getting worse than if we don't...
lol I don't really know what i'm asking just wondering if anyone feels the same?

janeenee

Asked by janeenee at 10:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Health

• I'm not doing the h1n1 shot, but my kids will get the regular flu shot. My kids got the flu 3 years in a row. Although my son handled it well, my daughter would spike temps above 103 and it was just scary, so they started getting the flu shot. Yes, they got the flu after their first shot, but not after that. I only got the flu shot once for myself and I ws fine with it, but haven't got the shot since
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• As a person will a health issues it is very important I it the shot. The simple flue can cause big problems for me. I know Jeff will not be getting one, he does not get sick most of the time. I will leave it up to Lannie what he does.
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 11:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever, a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose.

It is a virus! You catch a virus by coming in contact with it This is why handwashing is so important. Did you know that viruses can live on paper money for 9 days?

You can also adjust your lifestyle a bit to build up your immune system. Not getting enough sleep can lower your resistance to disease. So can being dehydrated, so be sure to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. Alcohol, meat, dairy, highly processed foods like white sugar and white flour all weaken the immune system. Foods that build up the immune system include: fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.

If you choose to get the H1N1 vaccine for your kids, have your doctor order the single dose preservative free vaccine; the H1N1 vax will have thimerisol/mercury.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2009