Do you never think about dying, wanting to die, to escape your problems?

How do you get through it, the feelings, and shame for having the feelings and how do can I stop feeling like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Health

• Yes I could never do it tho. But like right now.... I'm having so many flippin problems I just don't know what to do, I made a mistake and lost some things that make it hard to get around now, then I made another bad choice with the intention of actually trying to make my life better but it back fired and now i'm in deeper than before....
    My life has NEVER been easy and when I see other ppl who own homes and have extra money and all that jazz... it just makes me so sad. But the last thing I want is pitty.
    When something bad happens to me my brain goes into this like "how i am i gonna fix this" overdrive mode when there really isn't anything I can do. Then I get frustrated and depressed and want to quit I say "Fuck my life"
    but then I guess I just take a deep breath and try to take it one day at a time... that's about all ya can do

What makes you feel that way???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I think at one time or another, you think yes it would be easier, but that is usually just a fleeting thought. Are you having these feelings alot? I am worried that maybe this is more serious than a usual thought, if you are on medication, you could be taking the wrong kind. I would make an appointment with my doctor and tell him that you are feeling overwhelmed. Constant thoughts of suicide are a big warning flag of depression, and you might need a little help. I hope you get everything straightened out, and remember your kiddos need you! God Bless!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I have ,I did ! than I realize ,that no problem is big enough/ worthy of me doing something so stupid SELFISH , that's all there is to it selfishness & self pity, my life is way more worthy than that , my kids ,who will take care of them the way I do? & my husband, some moron gonna come take my place -perhaps mistreat them, my family / friends, we might not get along at times ,but heck ,I can't imagine causing them that kind of pain you are not the only one ,we all have PROBLEMS & life sucks in a lot of ways for some, more than other, but I know & believe that is all for a good reason ,the adversities in life is what makes us stronger, the trials is what shapes our character, stop for a moment & think the things you fought for & came through victorious, all the things that have brought joy to your life.do they deserve to be with out you,? I pray every moment that's how I overcame self pity. life is a gift & a blessing

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 10:48 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• hugsThere is no shame in wanting to escape problems. Yes I have thoughts about it but I just ride the wave of those depressive thoughts. I know depression is cyclical so if I hang on the bad part will be over and I can think more clearly when the cycle swings up again. Once the cycle is in the up position I can think of ways to deal with the problems. Take each problem separately. Take care of the ones you can take care of immediately and put the others aside to solve later. Take baby steps. Don't attempt to solve too many problems at one time.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• cont,, take one day at a time and yes count your blessings, this has thought me to appreciate the good and the bad ,there are so many people in this world in wayyyyyy more desperate situation yet, they go on!! bcz no matter what they have HOPE & must never give up this hope ,tomorrow will be better, and if not, than the next day will, and if not the next one! hope is perhaps all we might have at the moment and believe me there is no greater blessing than having hope!!

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 10:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• OP here.... most of my problems are financial, I think we will probably lose our house, I have about 6 bad checks out right now, I owe my boss and my grandparents money that I can't pay back.. every month we go deeper in the hole and I just can't see how we will ever get out. I know that may seem like a small thing, to worry about money, but it's consumed my life
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I used to pray that God would bring me home because I was in terrible constant pain and the doctors kept telling me nothing was wrong. I never once considered taking my own life though as I believe that is wrong and very selfish. I just wanted to go naturally. I did finally find a doctor who knew what was wrong and pretty much fixed the problem with a simple surgery. I am still in pain but it's tolerable now. I am so glad that God did not listen to me and kept me here as I am happier than ever with my life. I now have a wonderful husband, a great son, and another little one on the way.
    Life has gotten better for me and I'm sure it will for you as well. We all go through rough times (I have had my share of financial difficulties) but God has always been there for me and I know that He always will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2009