On and off fever.

My SD (3 years old) keeps running a low grade fever. 99.5 - 101. She'll have it for 3 to 5 days, with a few other symptoms (runny nose and chills, perhaps a cough), then it will go away.
This has been going on for 3 weeks now. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but she spends 2 days a week at her mom's house, and each time she comes home is when she has had the fever. (they smoke and don't make her eat and let her stay up until midnight or later)
At first, I thought it was just a lingering cold, and would go away with rest and treatment at home. But it's to the point now where I'm worried. She has a doctor appointment today.
I was just wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on what the problem could be.

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 10:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My niece has a disorder (IDK) that if she stays up late, she will have flu-like symptoms the next day. My DH has a smoke allergy and gets flu-like symptoms. I would start tracking it on a calendar when she goes and how long and what the symptoms are and how long they last then take them to the doc next time and see what they say but I'd definately bring it up this time as well.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2009