Are we getting smarter?

I'm proud to see more Moms asking for independent proof of "claims" made for and against the current administration. The information is out there - and it doesn't have to be a major news media link.

Seems maybe we all got tired of the arguing about "opinion and insinuation" that we're starting to check the facts for ourselves -
NOW it feels like we're all being adults about politics.... do you feel it?
Or do you still see way to many heads in the sand because they don't want to be influenced - even if that means they refuse to research it for themselves?

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 10:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I find it frustrating that even if a person has a legitimate basis for their beliefs others will accuse them of being mindless simply because they hold a different belief.

There are legitimate arguments for both sides of most arguments. Just because we don't agree doesn't mean the other side is being nieve or has their "heads in the sand."

I think that some debates between certain individuals have gotten very civil and healthy, but there are still a lot of people who are just being nasty (on BOTH sides).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• TOO MANY HEADS IN THE SAND STILL, BUT YES THERE ARE THOSE WHO ARE FINDING TRUTH AND SPEAKING OUT LOUDLY!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• The same braindeads are still braindeads, no PROGRESS there that's for sure. One whole year of braindeading with some folks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I am.
    I am very smart.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

This is a serious question.
    I am a conservative.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Well... I only have one thing to say - if there is NOTHING that's true on the WHOLE internet - then a bunch of women might as well save their money - shut their computers down, pull the curtains and chew on a pacifier for the next 30 years.

It blows my mind that there is sooooo much proof out there - yet people would rather say "that's doctored" - sure something COULD be doctored - but it could also be Authentic.
    Blind eyes WILL NOT see and Deaf ears WILL NOT hear.... I guess you can't change that.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• so far I see heads in the sand. You can find everything we have said to be true. And it is hard to believe how some ladies just can't see or I should say refuse to see.

I'm not a great writer, but thank God I can read.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• When you don't agree:

1: Mock the source
    2: Say it was taken out of context
    3: Say it was faked
    4: Say it's not a big deal anyway, and everyone does it

5: If the proof is irrefutable, stick your fingers in your ears and say nah nah nah nah nah
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• When you don't agree:

1: Mock the source
    2: Say it was taken out of context
    3: Say it was faked

That is the Cherrypicking way to do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Some of us are.........
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• ok so you dont do tv or radio, crack a book people!

if you are in the right, then back it up.

so many are blind followers....
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 10, 2009