How many find this irritating?

When people use things like 2 instead of just typing two letters? It makes it harder to read and I understand on REALLY SUPER long things using alot of the other things like LOL. But I think we are getting too dependant on these "short-cuts" and are going to lose what gramar we have left in us because we do not practice it. I am not perfect, I am not saying that any one is doing wrong. I am just saying that it irrates me to see some one use a number instead of typing two little letters.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i don't mind if someone is saying "i have 2 kids" but if they're putting "i have 2 go 2 the store" it bugs me. (i had a hard time even trying to type that haha!) Mostly i see it with teens and people in their early 20s though. i do know someone who types like that all the time... and shortens almost all their words. it's not even worth it to me to read it because it takes forever to figure out what they're trying to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• boohoo 2 u
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If I am typing two, I will put 2.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• but that is a number used to represent a real number, not a number used to represent a word.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Shortcuts don't bother me as much as bad grammar and bad spelling. Sorry, just reading your post irritated me,lol.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Shoirtcuts are okay, as long as it isn't full on chat speak. it gets too hard to understand! Bad grammar and spelling also drives me BONKERS! I can't understand what the person is trying to communicate!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm 25 and I will use the occasional LOL, DH, DD, DS, and such, but saying stuff like I need 2 do this n that bugs me to no end because it is so hard to read. Maybe it's just because I wasn't lucky enough to get a cell phone until my 22nd birthday! and then I couldn't send alot of texts because of the extra cost.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Bad grammar and spelling also drives me BONKERS
    oh really, waht about you're SHOIRTCUTS?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• and what about YOUR you're? Moron
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm laughing my ass off at some of these replies! You all are complaining about the number 2 being used to replace the word two, and most of you have horriable spelling and grammar errors all over your replies!
    You're = You are
    alot = a lot.... TWO words
    i = I "i" is not a word its a letter......
    .oOMellyOo.

Answer by .oOMellyOo. at 12:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009