swine flu question...

my DD and i was at my brothers for a b-day party. there was kids there that there sister was really sick. my brother allowed him son to go staye the night over there, and my nephew came home really sick. come to find out the girl has swine flu. how long till u find out if u are going to get it or of your safe. i don't know anything about swine flu and i am going crazy. can anyone help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Health

• Incubation for most viral infections are about 5-10 days, but tha'ts just general
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• This swine flu is like no other general flu. A local man was put in jail. He had it and 40 inmates had it the next day. They were astounded at how fast this stuff can spread. They quarantined them and called in the CDC. So the incubation period of this super bug must be very short. Call your nephew's doctor or the health dept and see what they say

Answer by admckenzie at 10:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• theres no reason to be scared, its no different from the regular flu. lots of people die from the regular flu each year! what makes the swine flu so different? its just another name for it. and dont let the news and tv and the government scare you. if i had a penny for everytime the news braodcasted everytime someone died of aids, car wrecks, alcohol poisoning..then i would be rich! they are making the swine flu the only subject that kills you! because thats the only things we are hearing all over tv, radio, internet ect... do you stop to think, there are more people dying with other problems too? so why not be afraid of those things too? the swine flu wont kill you unless your health is already weak. plain and simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I posted a question like this also. I was sick vomiting and diarrhea but not an upper respritory thing. I only had it for a day but it was BAD! My kids and husband were also sick but not in the same day. So I am wondering if this is what we had.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 11:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2009