What kind of pet medication does your pet take and how much is it monthly?

Does anyone have a plan that gives you a discount on medication for your pet?

imjustme0502

Asked by imjustme0502 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Pets

• No plan here, one of our shepherds take thyroid meds, it costs about 15.00/month. So it's not a big deal.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I put our boxer on a health plan at Banfield (petsmart) for 21.95 per month. It payed to get him fixed, it covers office visits, vaccines, and discounts on meds. They do not discount flea treatments. He gets a 6 month supply of heartworm meds. I don't remember how much they were. Somewhere in the $40 range. I had to pay $109 to sign up for the health plan btw, but it has saved me a ton of money!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Our beagle is only 2 so right now she just takes Heartgard every month. I buy it as a yearly package which is about $75
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 11:27 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I have 3 cats on Revolution for fleas and heartworm protection. My dog is on Heartgard for heartworm prevention and on comfortise for fleas. I get them free because I work for a vet. if I didn't i would be looking at about 33 a month if broken down. This stuff is sold in 6 month supplies.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009