toughen up.

i love my daughter dearly,she is immature.she gets teased alot.(if you had read my bus blog this morning)anyway.i hate to put it like this but how do i get her to "grow some"i cant keep taking her out of these situations that are bothering her.yet i dont want her to be heckled either.she has to learn to stand up for her self.we live around abunch of spoiled wrotten bratty entitled kids..not to say that my daughter is perfect but i dont think she has the maturity level for this yet...

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• just tell her, its going to continue unless you stop it ... if she asks how she stops it -- tell her all you really need to do is stand up once for urself and itll stop soon
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:22 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Its hard to see your child hurt in anyway, but its also part of growing up. Have you tried talking to the school counselor? They have a lot of experience in this area and because they're at the school daily, they may recommend specific actions for specific situations. They can also set up regular mtgs with your daughter to follow her progress & keep her on track to being more mature in social situations. The school counselor is there for much more than just schedules. Also, you can talk to the parents of the kids at the bus stop and ask if they have any ideas. Good luck.
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 11:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• f.y.i : if these girls know your talking to a school official about this , its going to get worse!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• There were some girls that were really mean to me in Junior high and then in high school they were nice to me and acted like 'oh sorry we were mean to you back then'. The kids that are being mean to her need to grow-up too. I wouldn't worry too much. This is something she needs to grow out of on her own. That experience really humbled me and taught me to treat people nicely because I knew what it felt like when nobody wanted to around me.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• oh btw Miley Cyrus talked about how some girls at her school were mean to her on the Tyra banks show. You should watch it with your daughter on youtube.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• anon 1126 i wish i knew who you were anyway....thats why i dont want to go to the school.i done that before and it backfired on me.i also dont want them to get worse or to hate her...if the problem can be solved.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

---
    not sure why i clicked anon , but that was me. my dad did that shit when i was in 5th grade i think , made it 100x worse! at 5th grade i honestly wanted to quit bc of how bad it gotten!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• and honestly ... if they hate her so be it! you dont want to make them friends if they really dont want to. u just want their crap to stop. just tell ur daughter thats the only way shes going to enjoy school is to stand up to them so theyll stop! they might still not like her , but they might stop. if they see now she has no backbone than theyll keep doin it , if she stands up and shows she has one , theyll stop
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• ya she is in 5th grade...its going to be quite a year...the school just called me up and told told me that i missed a meeting that they gave me the wrong dates for...hmm...im trying my hardest truly i am...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• lol msg me if u need to talk...i been thru it for myself not my kids so i have a different point of view
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 3:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2009