Where do we start??

I am 22 turning 23 in Nov. My son is turning 3 in Nov. His father and I are getting married in Feb. and want to start trying for # 2 as soon as we get married. Since our son wasnt planned we're not sure about how to go about doing this the right way. Im currently on the pill and not sure when is the right time to stop taking them and also when to start the prenatal vitamins. Any help would be great!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think the pill is different for everyone. First time I went off about 6 years agao it took me 6 months to start getting my period again. Last year when I got married and went off I started getting it again the next month. Took a little over a year to get pregnant, though we weren't paying much attention to when I should have been ovulating most of that time.

Start tracking your period to figure out when your'e ovulating (about 10-14 days after 1st day of period), and look for natural signs like vaginal mucus. I think monitoring your temperature is a little more complicated. Mymonthlycycles.com was a good simple site I used to track my period, though the ovulation predictions was off, because I had about a 35 day cycle it predicted my ovulation to be about a week later than I think it was. I started monitoring the musuc and I think that's how I got pregnant.

Good luck :)
    JULESY113

Answer by JULESY113 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• well, whenever you want to get pregnant stop taking the bc pill and start taking the prenatal pill.
    The prenatal pill has the amount of folic acid you need to make sure the baby's spine turns out healthy, which happens before you know youre pregnant, so taking it asap helps.
    Also, if you want, yu can talk to an OBGYN if you have any more questions.
    babygirlpj2007

Answer by babygirlpj2007 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Off the pill, start taking prenatals. Learn to drink green tea (hot or cold). I took Fertility Blend, not sure if that is what helped, or the boxers that DH wore, or the full moon.

Oh, and start charting your temperatures. I used FertilityFriend.com to do that online. They take past history and compile it to figure out your 'optimum' days. Once I started seeing the pattern, I picked a week and said "this is the week we try" and then, I know it is hard, just relax. Don't bd everyday but try to every other day at least.

Best of luck and baby dust!!

bryncalyn

Answer by bryncalyn at 11:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• How long does it take for the pill to get out of your system?I've been taking it since i had my son (3 years)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Sep. 10, 2009