Any good recipes for red potatoes?

I'm making meatloaf and want something other than mashed potatoes to go with it.

LadyEb

Asked by LadyEb at 11:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• the best site i can give you is allrecipes.com
    you can find all kinds o recipes there and all kinds of holidays too...just type in the ingredient and u will find a list of stuff you can make...good luck
    babygirlpj2007

Answer by babygirlpj2007 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• beef stew
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Cut the potatoes into cubes and sprinkle them with Mrs dash and bake them for 20 min or so, to the doneness you prefer.. pretty yummy! We do this when we want potatoes but not mashed
    jennjoe

Answer by jennjoe at 12:20 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I take mine, wash them good. Leave the skin on, Cut them in bite size quarters, coat them in a bowl with olive oil and then sprinkle them with season's from whatever you've got in the cabinet. Bake them on a cookie sheet until light brown. YUM!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Roasted Potatoes with Tomatoes, Basil & Garlic

Ingredients

2 lb red potatoes, chopped
    1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
    3/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
    3 cloves garlic, pressed
    3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary

Directions

Heat oven to 400º F (200º C)

In a prepared baking dish, toss potatoes, tomatoes, basil and garlic with olive oil. Sprinkle with rosemary. I add a light sprinkle of sea salt.

Bake 20 - 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender.
    \

Answer by rkoloms at 2:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm not a fan of microwave "cooking" but my mom makes these and they're so freakin' good!

Assuming you're using little red potatoes, make all the potatoes the size of your smallest (or, alternately, quarter some and halve others if they're larger).

In a ziplock bag, put in enough olive oil to coat all of your potatoes (say a quarter cup to start). Add garlic powder, salt, pepper and dried basil in proportion to the amount of potatoes you have. You want this heavily seasoned. Smoosh it all up in the bag, then throw in your potatoes. Toss it on the counter and forget about it for 30 minutes or more.

15 minutes 'til dinner's going to be served, dump it all in a microwave safe bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. You want these to steam, so make sure there's no venting. Nuke on high for 10 minutes, stir and check for softness. Nuke for 5 minutes at a time 'til they're soft and smooshy.

Delish. Seriously.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:42 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Take red potatoes and dice them roughly. Toss on a piece of foil with a couple pats of butter, some cream or milk, and your favorite seasonings. Seal up into foil packets and bake in the oven next to the meatloaf. When you cut the packets open on each person's, you'll have a dish that's very close to hasselbeck potatoes, although I find them easier to make.

I like them straight out of the packet, but my kids eat them like home fries and add ketchup.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:59 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Thanks! I took a little bit of all your answers and made them. Let's see how the family likes them soon.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 5:08 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Ranch potato salad. Cut potatoes in half or quarters. Boil. Let cool a little. Add a bottle of Ranch salad dressing, chopped green onions, crumbled crispy bacon and salt and pepper. Easy and yummy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 10, 2009